Who is eligible for assistance?
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Generally 125% of poverty, but higher income limits, or no income limits depending on the type of case or client age.
Citizenship or Immigration Status
For help, you must be a U.S. citizen or provide proof of your immigration status if your case is accepted.
We serve all ages, but have separate assistance lines depending on your age.
Under age 60:
Call toll-free 1-800-634-5263
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. CST.
Call toll-free 1-866-621-9886
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST. Friday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. CST.
Wheelchair Accessible: All locations are accessible for those in wheelchairs.
Hearing Impaired: Our 800 numbers are equipped with phone relay.
The state of North Dakota. There are multiple offices available to visit. Please visit our “contact us” page for details.
LSND cannot help with…
- Legal Services of North Dakota does not provide representation in criminal matters. If you have been charged with a crime and need a lawyer, please call the public defender’s office.
- We cannot provide representation if you are incarcerated and need a lawyer, even for non-criminal matters.
- We do not provide representation in worker’s compensation cases, personal injury claims, or any cases in which a fee can be generated.
If you disagree with our decision that you are not eligible or your case is not one that can be accepted, you have the right to appeal to our Executive Director.
- How do I check my application status?
- How can I hide my site visit?
- What if I need emergency assistance?
To check your application status, please call 1-800-634-5263 during regular business hours.
How to Hide Your Visit
Your computer keeps a list of websites you visit on the internet. This is called a history. What if you don’t want other people to know what websites you visited? You can erase the history from your computer. Look at the list below and find the software you use to get on the internet. Then follow the steps to erase the history.
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Tap the Hub button at the top.
- Click the History option. The standard keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + H works in Edge too.
- You can browse your history, or wipe it entirely by clicking the Clear browsing data link at the top.
1. Click on “Tools”, then “Options”.
2. Under the History tab click “Clear Browsing History Now”
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. History. …
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Next to “Time range:” To clear a portion of your history, select the dates. …
- Check the box next to “Browsing history.”
- Uncheck any other data you don’t want to delete.
- Tap Clear data.
- From the home screen, Select Settings > Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari’s settings screen, Select Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
- Confirm when prompted.
What is an Emergency when it comes to legal services? LSND considers it an emergency if you have one or more of the following:
- a court hearing or other legal deadline within 5 business days
- no food
- no shelter
- child taken by CPS or other unauthorized person.
If the above describes your situation, please reach out via phone. Explain the situation to the receptionist and she will start the intake process in order to connect you with proper resources in time.