In North Dakota, victims of crime find support through the Crime Victim’s Compensation Fund, a safety net designed to alleviate the financial burdens that often accompany violence and crime. Established to assist those who suffer physical, emotional, or financial consequences due to criminal acts, this fund plays a key role in aiding victims on their path to recovery.

The Crime Victim’s Compensation Fund in North Dakota offers a range of benefits, encompassing medical expenses, counseling services, and even lost wages, providing a comprehensive support system for victims. Whether the crime involves assault, domestic violence, or even vehicular accidents, the fund aims to cover the aftermath costs that victims may face in the aftermath. Keep in mind, however, that this program does not replace material items, like broken phones, vehicle repairs, or other damaged belongings. 

What is the criteria for compensation under the Crime Victim’s Compensation Fund?

  • The crime must be reported to law enforcement within 96 hours, or four days.
  • An application must be submitted within one year of the crime.
  • The victim must cooperate in all reasonable requests of law enforcement.
  • The victim cannot have been assisting in or committing the criminal act in question, nor did the victim provoke or incite the crime.

When applying for this financial support, please keep in mind that the Crime Victims Compensation is considered a secondary source and will only cover expenses not paid by other sources, like insurance, sick or vacation leave by the employer, worker’s compensation, and etc.

The Crime Victim’s Compensation Fund in North Dakota serves as a lifeline for individuals grappling with the aftermath of criminal acts. It not only eases the financial burden but also underscores the state’s dedication to supporting the victims on their journey towards healing and justice. If you have questions about this program, or wish to apply, apply online or reach out to

Who Do I Contact With Additional Questions?

Seniors 60 and over Call:

Others Call:

You may apply for legal services by completing our online website application.